S.M.A.R.T. Team (Safety Management Action Response Team) Program provides intensive services to at-risk families residing in 33311 and 33313 zip codes. The SMART program collaborates with the Broward County Sheriff’s Department and ChildNet in monitoring safety plans, providing linkage to other community resources, and additional support for investigative efforts. The team also assists the families in strengthening the decision-making process regarding safety concerns.
Program highlights include:
- Monitoring of Safety Plans for families
- Exposure to enrichment activities
- Effective decision-making coaching
- Additional support for the investigative efforts
- School day, after-school, summer, and enhanced parent involvement activities
- Instruction and engagement in inquiry-based learning, a teaching method that encourages students to ask questions and investigate real-world problems, using the Florida standards as our foundation
- 95% of families enrolled in the program were free from verified abuse or neglect during services.
- 95% of children served in the program remained in the home while receiving services
- 90% of families served were successfully discharged from services
- 95% of families enrolled in the program had no verified abuse 6 months after discharge.
- 93% of children who were successfully discharged remained in the home 12 months after discharge.
- 90% of families served through the program expressed satisfaction with services post-discharge